This was a long time coming. Jim has avoided seeing this movie for going on 30 years. Today, he has no where to run, no where to hide. He’s locked in a steel cage match with “The Princess Bride”, directed by Rob Reiner and based on the novel of the same name by William Goldman. Confronted by the beautiful faces of Cary Elwes and Robin Wright, the absurdist comedy of Miracle Max, how will he react to this crazy mashup of farce, swashbuckling, and heart?
Special thanks to Zan from Melbourne, Barry C from the UK, Allicyn Wilde, Robot-K, Brian S, John H, Stefan G, Mark S, Denise T, Lesley W, Jay R, Ryan L, S Duncan, Geoffry B, pmmonnat, and WeezerWes for banding together and storming the castle.
A few links of interest that were mentioned in the podcast…
- Cary Elwes interview on NPR
- Andre the Giant holding a beer can
- Andre the Giant with Arnold Schwartzenegger
- Andre the Giant being a pimp…
- … again…
- … and one more
- Cary Elwes’ behind the scenes book “As You Wish”, also available in audiobook
If you want to commission your very own podcast, check out our shop!